The Release Manager at Inneractive is an integrated part of the R&D team and owns the release management lifecycle which includes scheduling, coordinating and the management of releases across the organization (primarily R&D & Product). The Release Manager is responsible for implementing and managing release processes, including development, test and production environments. He/she is also responsible for coordinating the release calendar, including dependencies among the different dev and test teams and ongoing communication with product who are responsible for communication with the rest of the org and externally. As needed, the Release Manager will help define required release management tools to ensure smooth and high quality delivery of products. The Release Manager will assist in managing projects and interdependencies to ensure milestone adherence and verify that the integrity of the release can be measured.
- Create the feature rollout plan, including defining milestones for the rollout (alpha/beta, broad rollout), exit criteria and KPIs for each stage of the rollout. Exit criteria, acceptance tests and KPIs should be defined with the feature PM, but it is the Release Manager’s responsibility to ensure acceptance testing is executed by the relevant technical/business stakeholders (including Customer Success in many cases).
- Define analyses for evaluating the impact/success of the different stages of the rollout and working with data analysts to make those analyses available on time (a data analyst function will be available in the product team).
- Manage risks and resolve issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality.
- Whenever needed (on large scale features, e.g. new auction logic, new console), create and manage a cross-functional rollout team including members from R&D, QA, CS, PM and PMM to assign and manage work items and issues in the team throughout the rollout milestones.
- Maintain and publish rollout schedule and status, including scope of the release, dependencies, risks and ETAs.
- Highlight roadblocks & delays ASAP and push (via management & relevant teams) for resolutions.
- Work with product to create the bi-weekly product release notes (product is responsible for packaging the content and sharing with all relevant biz stakeholders).
- Continually work towards making improvements in the release process.
- Support in developing scripts and automation tools to build, integrate, and deploy software releases to various platforms.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field (Industrial Engineering included)
- 2-3 years of previous release and/or project management experience, ideally in a Scrum/Agile environment
- Formal training in project management/Scrum practices preferred
- Advanced knowledge of software development lifecycle
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion (matrix management)
- Demonstrated effective leadership and analytical skills
- Experience with R&D project management tools (JIRA, Trello, MS Project, Asana, etc.)